May 29th, 2011

La douce saison du printemps

Posted in Canada by Christopher DeWolf

Recycling

I’ll be returning to Montreal for a visit in late July — the same hot, humid time of year I left for Hong Kong three years ago. Though I’m happy to be going back, I wish I could be there for those first exuberant days of spring and early summer, before seasonal amnesia sets in and everyone takes the warm weather for granted.

Springtime Mount Royal

Place des Arts

Spring sunset

DSCF4263

DSCF4239

spring28

023

Pelouse

DSCF7551

DSCF8022

Tags: , ,

You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed. RSS 2.0

6 comments

1. JC says:

Great pictures. They also capture the essence of Montreal quite well; laid-back, free-spirited, multi-ethnic, culturally-minded, a mix of old and new, and waking up in the summer with an explosion of life.

May 29th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

2. Daniel Corbeil says:

Hey those pictures are very nice indeed, i like the first one especially..

It is a coincidence but you left the exact same month i arrived here, in Montreal..in 2008

I believe, if you didn’t came back since 3 years, that you will realize a huge difference… what i mean, is that Montreal is becoming a real “international” city, and certainly a true city of design, witch we can appreciate in such nice streets as Maisonneuve Blvd and Place des Arts..

Hope you will enjoy your visit ! See you

May 29th, 2011 at 11:13 pm

3. Christopher DeWolf says:

Thanks very much!

Daniel, I’ve been back once, in October 2009. Much was as I’d left it although I certainly did notice some big changes around Place des Arts and in Old Montreal. And then of course there was Bixi which totally changed my experience of the city.

My girlfriend has not returned for three solid years, though, so it will be interesting to see her impression.

May 30th, 2011 at 4:26 am

4. Zvi says:

I also appreciate Spring very much – it is the time when one really cherishes the sunny days. I took quite a few “spring pictures” this year (http://www.flickr.com/photos/zvileve/sets/72157626285496416/), but it is funny to see how much snow is in them! From my perspective, Spring starts when people start sitting outside at the cafes.

May 30th, 2011 at 10:05 am

5. Zvi says:

And I would add – Spring begins when the mitts come off and the bicycles come out.

May 30th, 2011 at 10:10 am

6. Christopher DeWolf says:

I always considered March to be spring, because that’s when, as you say, people start sitting out in the cafés, cycling and so on… but if you look at any photo of March, it looks as wintery as ever.

May 31st, 2011 at 9:51 pm